Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog Entry #13

I felt as though Katie's presentation was particularly interesting. I am an Irish-American; I have family that still lives in Ireland and we celebrate our heritage often. The struggles of the Irish people are extremely dear to my heart because they were experienced by my own family members. In the early 1900s, my grandfather and grandmother's families came over and settled in Queens, New York because they could not provide for their growing families and they needed new opportunities. When Katie was talking about the struggles of the Irish people and showing pictures of families that were starving, I pictured the faces of my family and what they went through. Katie's descriptions of the famine made it very easy to relate to The Hunger Games. The hunger experienced in the districts means that people do not live healthy and prosperous lives, and they often die young from hunger. The lack of assistance from the government is another connection. Overall, I feel as though Katie did a great presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment